THE GOAL PLANNING SYSTEM
From the Desk of my fellow Amazing.com Co-Founder, Matt Clark…
A recent article said, “the first person to live to be 1,000 years old has already been born.”
Whether you believe this or not, it’s not unreasonable to think you can live to be well over 100 years old.
You can accomplish so much with the rest of your life – you just need a system to do it.
Use the steps below and the resources provided to make 2018 your best year ever. You can achieve more next year than any year before just by following this process.
- Start with 5-7 Core Areas of your life (Example: Relationships, Mission, Mind, Body, Finances)
- Write down your long-term vision (10+ years) for each Core Area
- Write down what you need to do to achieve your long-term vision for each Core Area
- Come up with 5-7 goals for next year (2018) that cover most of your Core Areas (ideally at least one per Area)
- Prioritize your goals (two lists: (1) mission/work and (2) personal)
- Plan 5-7 milestones for each goal
- Determine when you’ll complete each milestone (which month)
- [Each month] Create list of priorities for (1) mission/work and (2) personal (should mostly pull from your annual milestones)
- [Each week] Create list of priorities for (1) mission/work and (2) personal (should mostly pull from your monthly priority lists)
- [Each day] Create a single list of priorities (should mostly pull from your weekly priority lists)
- Planning template (Google Sheets version)
- Pre-filled template (Google Sheets version)
- Planning template (Excel version)
- Pre-filled template (Excel version)
- Discovering your strengths with Strengthsfinder ($19.99 for top 5)
- Another tool to discover your strengths (FREE)
Jason “Santa Claus” Katzenback
CEO and Co-founder of Amazing, Inc.